1. UberChariot.com is a community of rideshare drivers and riders. Feel free to join our Uber forum and enjoy all the benefits of membership.
    Sign-up here!

Standing up against hate

Discussion in 'People' started by Justin Richards, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Justin Richards

Justin Richards New Member

I couldn't agree with this below email more but you failed to mention all of the hate shown by the racist Black Lives Matter group and the terrorist group known as Antifa. This email is a great example of how to alienate some of your loyal 5star customers by only placing blame on one hate group rather than all of them. In the future, it would be wise to condemn all hatred, discrimination and bigotry by naming all parties involved and not just one heinous group. I understand that you are not a news outlet, most news sources that are mainstream have agendas and don't report the truth anyway, but full honesty across the board is much better than selected and omitted truths. I do enjoy and am thankful for the service your company provides, please stick to doing what you do best rather than making semi political statements through an email that anyone with common sense would report on anyway.

Kind Regards,
    Justin Richards

Email from Uber:

Dear Justin,
    We were horrified by the neo-Nazi demonstration that took place in Charlottesville, which resulted in the loss of life of a young woman as well as two Virginia State Troopers responding to the protest. There is simply no place for this type of bigotry, discrimination, and hate.

As the country braces for more white supremacist demonstrations, we wanted to let you know what we are doing for the Uber community:

• We will act swiftly and decisively to uphold our Community Guidelines, including our policy against discrimination of any kind—this includes banning people from the app.
    • 24/7 in-app support is available to answer questions and address concerns. You always have the right to end your trip if you feel uncomfortable or disrespected.
    Now more than ever we must stand together against hatred and violence. Thank you for making our community one that we can all be proud of.

On behalf of all of us at Uber,
    Meghan Verena Joyce
    Regional General Manager, US & Canada Cities