1. UberChariot.com is a community of rideshare drivers and riders. Feel free to join our Uber forum and enjoy all the benefits of membership.
    Sign-up here!

Uber fares and pricing questions? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Yuppy, Dec 16, 2016.

?

Is this thread useful?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Yuppy

Yuppy New Member

I know there are a few uber fare estimate tools online for this.

But people still often have trouble understanding how Uber pricing works or getting a fare estimate for their Uber rides.

So, I thought, I would create a thread for this - post your questions about Uber ride prices here.

2. Maka G

Maka G New Member

Hi I'm a fellow uber rider I been using the uber since June 2016 to get home from work. Every other day the price gets lowered or higher and I don't appreciate that because shouldn't it be the same price every day ? Instead of going up from 1 to 2 dollars. Please help me understand why this is because I am not happy and I'm sure I am not the only one.

3. Gabisile

Gabisile New Member

Hi,
    I would like a clear estimate of the Uber service from Zondi 2, Soweto to Johannesurg zoo plz.

Thank u
    Gabisile

4. Yuppy

Yuppy New Member

Hello there,
    Uber fare rates may vary due to weather and traffic conditions as well as availability of drivers (surge pricing). This is why the current fare estimates can be different from those in 15 min.
    Hope this helps.

5. Yuppy

Yuppy New Member

Hi there,

As of now your fare choices would be as follows:
    • uberX: R233-309 (~8 min away)
    • UberBLACK: R410-542 (~15 min away)
    • uberVAN: R508-670 (~24 min away)
    • UberVan+CarSeat: R508-670 (~24 min away)
    Here is a full info for your route: http://www.uber-fare-estimator.com/route/kb5n
    Please make sure to hit "update estimate" to see the real-time pricing.

Cheers

6. Elna

Elna New Member

Can you give me an estimate from The Ridge in Witbank Mpumalanga to the Magistrate Court in Witbank

7. Yuppy

Yuppy New Member

This seems like there are no Uber cars available for this location. Please, check here http://www.uber-fare-estimator.com/route/rkq3

8. Bawa

Bawa New Member

I have been using Uber (Uber X) for about a week and travel to and from the same place on the same route 2x a day(1.4 miles each way). However, everyone of my fares has been different. It's gone from $6.99 up to $8.38. Traffic is pretty much non existent and I travel at the same time every day. There are always drivers in my area and the wait is usually between 4-9 mins and it's always a different driver and car. Why such a big fluctuation in the rate?

9. Fubered

Fubered New Member

No one knows why and how Uber sets their prices. as far as non existent traffic in Cali that's a new one to me. By the way you should tip the driver $1 or $2 for doing those shitey rides. Uber is only paying them $2 or so for the ride, Uber keeps the rest.

I would imagine that higher fares are for higher demands in the area or traffic problems and delays that clear up by the time you ride, or Uber is just cheating both you and the driver.

Sometimes a driver has to drive 5 miles to pick you up, drive you a mile for $2 and then drive back 6 miles home to wait for another miserable $2 ride. So please walk, take a bus or get a bike or tip.

A driver does not know where you are going. They pick you up hoping you are going to the airport. If a driver knew you were only going a mile they would never pick you up. The reason why you never see the same driver twice may be because they can tell on the map where you are pinging from or accept and cancel the ride when they see your name and know it's a $2 ride.

10. Bawa

Bawa New Member

Well I think your answer is pretty useless. I don't know who you are, nor do I care, but you appear to be or were a disgruntled Uber driver.
    Yes, there ARE areas (many) in "Cali" where there is no traffic. I live in a neighborhood of Silicon Valley and only go 2 miles and there is no traffic in that area. I am sorry that Uber, supposedly per you, only pays $2 for a $8-$9 ride, and I actually DO tip well beyond $1 or $2, so that's not the issue here. Plus, no, the drivers here are not coming from 5 miles away to pick me up. There are ALWAYS several cars available in the area as I can see them on my map and they are usually just sitting a couple blocks away waiting for calls. Apparently there is an excess of Uber drivers and not enough fares in this area. And no I am not going to "walk, take a bus or ride a bike". And the drivers that I have encountered are very nice, polite and helpful. The service I receive is fine and not the issue here. I am only asking why the fluctuation in fare. And as far as the rest of your rant, based on your incorrect assumptions, I suggest you go tell it to someone who has those particular complaints. And IF you are an Uber driver, with your attitude, I suggest you go look for another profession.

11. Fubered

Fubered New Member

Well I suggest you walk because if an area is over saturated the drivers are only making $10 to $20 a day. Your answer is because Uber is a scam company who uses slave labor and drivers that's why they change their prices on a whim. They cheat drivers and overcharge customers. And maybe they get $3 per ride instead of $2 but in a high cost area $3 is nothing.. Uber guarantees it's drivers that it will make zero dollars a day and zero dollars per hour. All the drivers have the same frustrations, ask them, the honest ones will tell you, but they can't tell you much for your waste time 1 miles rides. Also this is not a profession, 4% last more than a year, most drivers do not see 1 penny of profit after deductions. and according to U ber it's a "side hustle" So keep using Uber and hustling the drivers